DSC needs a little extra help in the next few weeks for the run-up to our annual show, and for the show itself. Prior to the show, interns will perform various tasks such as filing, typing, sorting merchandise, bag and envelope stuffing. Come be part of the team as an intern. It is a paid position, and you will be much appreciated. There is usually free lunch from time to time, and we have a t-shirt for you too!
For the four days of our trade show, interns will have a front-row seat to one of the best hunting shows on the planet. Everyone comes from around the world to Dallas for this event! It’s a chance to meet and network with celebrities, business operators and attendees from New Zealand, Argentina, South Africa, Alaska, Sweden, Russia, and all points in between. By Sunday afternoon, you will be tired but the BEST kind of tired.
Some tasks require lifting 40 lbs., standing, and being outside for several hours. All interns will interact with visitors, members and volunteers during the show.
Qualifications required: A can-do attitude and a strong work ethic. Able to lift 40 lbs; able to stand/walk for 3 or more hours. (For office intern: Microsoft Office and typing skills.) Preferred experience: Upper division college student or recent college graduate, Microsoft Office familiarity. International business, communications, trade show, retail, customer service.
IMMEDIATE NEED FOR:
Store Intern (one available): Part-time (up to 35 hrs/week), hours vary between 8:30-5:30, starts week of Nov. 28. Retail experience a plus.
- Assist with general office duties, including typing, filing and operating copier/scanner
- Assist with store inventory and bag-and-tag event
- Assist with convention bag stuffing
- Organize warehouse items and pack pallets for shipping to convention center
Show Interns (two or three available). Must be available Dec. 26-28 and Jan. 4 through 8, 2017. Duties at the show will vary. Some work may occur outside in parking lot.
- Working with VIPs, delivering “thank-you” notes to booths
- Ensuring convention offices have supplies from delivered pallets
- Act as a “gopher” for staff and volunteers
- Stock up volunteer area
- Deliver lunches and refreshments on convention floor as needed
To apply, contact email@example.com, (214) 239-0006.