Please call your state Representative and tell them to vote “yes” to The Great American Outdoors Act (GAOA).
The House will take a final vote on GAOA next week on July 22. The GAOA is the single greatest commitment to increasing public access and advancing conservation in our lifetime.
Below are talking points to use.
- Provides funds for deferred maintenance backlog on federal public lands and waterways.
- Provides funding for the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Provides $900 million annually to the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- Increase funding for outdoor recreation access on public lands and waters.
- As a DSC member I know that this bill will provide essential funding and support for wildlife and sportsmen and sportswomen.